Maintaining the Exterior of Your Home
When it comes to your home, you want the best. You want it to look the best so you use the best materials that money can buy. That said, too often, many homeowners forget about or neglect the soffit and fascia board running around their home. These boards are not just there for show but serve a larger purpose in the structure of your home. Specifically, they are necessary to the roof, but they are also necessary to the home itself. When something is wrong with them or they need to be maintained, look no further than Pro Roofing and Restoration. We are a roofing and contracting team in your area that can help with things like soffit and fascia replacement in Duluth, GA. Call us at 770-214-4788 to get started.
Benefits of Soffit and Fascia Replacement
You may be looking at your roof and wondering if the soffit and fascia boards really are necessary. The fact of the matter is, they are necessary for most homes. Soffit and fascia serve real and important purposes to the condition and structure of your home. When you go through with soffit and fascia repair or replacement services, you’ll experience a number of benefits.
- Defense and Protection: Both soffit and fascia boards provide a last line of defense for your home. These boards help to prevent rain from entering the home, soffit boards prevent birds and bugs from making homes inside your home, and they protect the roof from the elements.
- Appearance: When well maintained, these boards can truly help your curb appeal. Generally, the fascia is the most noticeable from the street. So when it’s damaged, rotted, or falling apart, you’ll be able to tell. By investing in soffit and fascia board replacement, you’ll increase your protection and investment.
- Money-Saving: Believe it or not, but soffit and fascia can help save you money. They are designed to help provide additional ventilation for your attic while also offering aeration for your roof. These boards can help prevent excessive energy bills, roof damages, and more, all of which can help save you money in the long run.
For many, they neglect to take care of their roofs because of the cost. Even when it comes to repairing the soffit and fascia, which can cost about the same as a heat pump repair service. If you are concerned about cost, Pro Roofing and Restoration is your best option. We provide the best services for the most reasonable prices. We even offer repair and replacement services for soffit and fascia, so contact us for more information.
Types of Soffit and Fascia Materials Used
When it comes to the soffit and fascia around your roof, there are a number of options to choose from. Just like your roof where you have options ranging from simple composite shingles to impact resistant shingle installation, you have several options for the boards. The most popular being wood. It looks the cleanest, can be stained or painted, and maintains its structural integrity over time. However, wood can be expensive for some homeowners, which is why vinyl is another popular option. Similar to wood, it looks clean, it can be painted, and it will maintain its structural integrity. The biggest difference is that vinyl is not just cheap to purchase, but it can appear cheap once installed. That’s why if you are relying on someone else, a contractor, to replace the soffit and fascia boards, rely on Pro Roofing and Restoration. Not only do we know what we are doing, but our company works with only the finest materials on the market. This means that even if you choose vinyl boards, they will look and function as higher quality materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between soffit and fascia?
- Fascia is often installed around the perimeter of the roof as a way to provide additional support to the roof. The soffit is often installed in between the gap of the roof and the end of the eave.
- How do you replace rotted soffit and fascia?
- If you know how to do it, you can remove all the rotted material and replace it with measured materials. However, it’s best to rely on professional contractors to get the job done.
- What is the best material for fascia boards?
- While wood is considered the nicest and best-appearing option for soffit and fascia boards, vinyl is just as popular. Either option provides dependable results for inexpensive or cheaper prices.
- How much does it cost to replace soffit and fascia?
- Soffit board will cost about $20 to $30 per linear foot to replace. Fascia will cost about $15 to $25 per linear foot to replace. All in all, it will likely cost homeowners between $200 and $400 to replace most of their soffit and fascia.
- Is soffit necessary?
- It ultimately depends on the way that your home and roof are designed. For most homes, though, soffit is necessary. It helps to fill the gap under the eaves of your roof. More than that, it usually perforated aiding in attic ventilation as well.
Schedule With Our Team Today
Rely on Pro Roofing and Restoration when you need soffit and fascia replacement in Duluth, GA. We are the experts you can trust to get the job done. Call us at __PHONE__ to set up an appointment today.